Monday, November 7, 2011

Decisions Decisions

When looking for institutions to study abroad through I was automatically directed to Adventist Colleges Abroad (ACA) seeing as my academic adviser is also the ACA adviser for my school.  While ACA is nice and easily accessible, I wanted to see what other options I had.  In my research, I found a program called Languages Abroad that has a Live & Learn program where you would live with a host family that would teach you the native language.  When I read all about it I was super excited.  Living and learning with a Japanese family?  That sounds really awesome!

So, I filled out their information form and waited for answers to my questions.  But, it's been a couple weeks since I've done that and I haven't gotten an e-mail.  So, since I haven't heard anything back from them, I guess I'll just stick with ACA.  I would like the option of choosing how I spend my time in Japan.  I'd like to live with a host family.  But, if I can't get in contact with the people who run the program, I can't be a part of their program.  I've had more contact with the lady who runs ACA and they don't even have information out for this upcoming summer yet.  Perhaps it's a sign from God.

I guess I'll have to wait it out and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment