Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Introduction

As you may or may not know, I am a huge fan of Japanese culture.  When I was little, I would practice eating chopsticks with rubber bands around them, and when I was in middle school my friends introduced me to anime and manga, a gateway into Japanese language and culture.  As I grew older I began to learn more about the food and the language, and I even began to listen to Japanese music.  Now, as a university student, I’ve had the privilege of being able to take a Japanese language class.  
As an English major, I am required to have six credit hours of an upper division language course, and as an Intercultural Communications minor, I am required to live in a different culture for at least four weeks.  So, I’ve decided to study abroad in the upcoming summer of 2012 in Japan, learning the language, experiencing the culture, and living the dream.  
Through this blog I plan to: 
·                     Track my progress in getting to Japan,
·                     record my experiences in Japan and
·                     express how my life is different after returning to the U.S.
So, I welcome you on my journey and hope that you enjoy the ride.  Welcome to Adventures of the Rising Sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment